As investment advisors, BenefitWorks helps plan trustees choose investment options that properly balance risk with return for plan participants, while also considering the planís expense objectives.
One measure of a 401(k) planís success is the rate of employee participation. BenefitWorks encourages participation by helping your employees see the value of their plan, and what it will mean to their futures, their families and their retirement.
We take the time to thoroughly educate plan participants to help them understand how much money theyíll need, the right investments available now to help them get there and how their plan works. We help employees become comfortable about the notion of investing, and comfortable that BenefitWorks is the right advisor to act on their behalf and put them on the right path.
Scheduled reviews of investment strategy, performance and cost require a pro-active position. A distinctive BenefitWorks characteristic is our desire to be creative with investment offerings.
Investment choices include:
- Our BW family of funds are only for use in qualified retirement plans and do not have the typical high mutual fund expense ratios. Funds include model portfolios from S&P (Standard and Poorís), Morningstar, Inc., the AAII (American Association of Individual Investors), a fund reflecting the ethical standards of the central Pennsylvania conservative communities, and a fund consisting of the stock of the Berkshire Hathaway stocks (run by stock market legend Warren Buffett).
- Low cost Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) with stock indices such as the S&P500 (large-cap), S&P400 (mid-cap), S&P600 (small-cap), real estate and emerging market, fixed income government and corporate indices, and others.
- Publicly traded securities of the employer / sponsor.
- Self-directed accounts where the participant may purchase any publicly traded stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
- Over 3,000 mutual funds available with no sales loads or commissions.
- Lifestyle and Target Date choices where investment selection is simplified. A questionnaire leads a participant to identify their risk-taking tolerance. Lifestyle and Target Date choices are rebalanced annually.